We have a Finance Committee that meets at least every two months, more often if needed. At least one committee member must be a board member (the Treasurer).
The role of the Finance Committee is to review in detail our monthly financial statements. They also help review the annual budget, Audit or Review, and 990 tax return.
Additionally, this model is a great way to assure transparency—especially with the Executive Director and Accountant/Bookkeeper.
Finance Committee members:
- Peg Van der Voort—Board Treasurer
- Jennifer Armstrong - Volunteer
- Maureen Delsing—Volunteer
- Karen Kulpa—Volunteer
- Jen Fanning—Executive Director
- Francine Anderson—Contract Accountant / Bookkeeper